Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A pain in my... round ligament

I've been in some pain the past couple days. Most of it has been on my right side, in the groin and up my right hip and side.
After doing some online research and then checking with the nurse in my doctor's office, I'm pretty sure it's from round ligament pain. That is pain caused by the ligaments in my pelvis stretching as the baby (and my uterus) grows.
They say it can be a sharp stabbing pain or a dull ache. I'm definitely feeling more of the stabbing variety of the pain. It's all considered normal "growing pains," but it's not fun! I notice it most when I'm getting up or sitting down (which is NOT good given the number of visits I'm making to the bathroom...)
I'm also frustrated because this is the first week I've had such noticeable discomfort, and it's the week leading up to the Illinois half marathon. I've been training for so long that I'd really like to see it through, but I'm not going to push my body too far.
We go to the doctor on Friday for the monthly checkup, so I'll see how I'm feeling and ask her advice.
For now, though, I've been advised to use heat and Tylenol to relieve the pain. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment