Friday, April 10, 2009

Green light

Saw the doctor today and she gave me the green light to run in the Illinois half marathon tomorrow. We saw Dr. Sam because Dr. George is on vacation (and we were advised to meet at least one other doctor in the practice in case I end up in labor after regular hours). Dr. Sam was a bit skeptical at first when I told her about the race, but when I explained that Dr. George has known about it for months she came around. I think she misunderstood when I said I'd be "running" the race... even though I've been running most of the distance during training, my pace is only slightly faster than someone could walk it! So I had no trouble complying when she advised that I not go too fast in the event :)

Other than that, the doctor said everything looks good with the baby. She examined the ultrasound pics and agreed that there were no red flags. And much to Brian's chagrin she did not slip up and tell us the baby's sex! (She said it might not even be noted in our file since we told the ultrasound tech we didn't want to find out... so it's truly a surprise!)
I weighed in at +14 pounds, which the doctor said is normal and fine. She said I'm making up for not gaining much weight at the beginning of the pregnancy.
Oh, and the baby's heartbeat was right around 142. It sounded beautiful, again!
That's it for now. Will post more this weekend after the big race!

No comments:

Post a Comment