Friday, April 17, 2009

New project

If rage were one of the pregnancy hormones I was dealing with, I'd have a good outlet this week. Brian and I just launched into a total demolition of our upstairs bathroom. It seemed like a good project to undertake at almost six months pregnant... Well, it's certainly better than doing it any later :)
We need to tear out one of the walls to fix a leaking problem. But while we're at it, we've decided to modernize the whole bathroom and hopefully help with resale value. We're gutting the walls down to the studs, tearing up the floor and replacing the tub. The past couple nights we tore up the carpeting (yes, the previous owners put carpet in the bathroom) and started knocking tiles off the walls. It's oddly cathartic smashing tiles off the wall with a chisel and hammer — though the dogs (and likely the neighbors) don't appreciate the racket! With the help of my brother and his wife, we're hoping to get a lot more done on the work this weekend.
I'm still pretty mobile and able to help with the work, but I've found new limitations on what I can do. Still, we're making progress. I'll post pictures this weekend.
I'm very excited for us to be jumping in with both feet for our first real home project. I may need to be reminded of that in a couple days when I'm cursing the work, my sore back and lack of toilet access close to our bedroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment