Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emotions ragin'

Having seen all the cliche depictions of pregnancy hormones in TV shows and movies, I wasn't sure what to expect from myself during these nine months. But I'd like to think I've remained somewhat level-headed through most of it so far.
I've had a few notable exceptions, including today when I woke up ready to cry for no apparent reason. I let some tears flow this morning (and Brian was baffled but very supportive). I thought I had things under control, but then I got to work and felt the waterworks coming on again. Luckily I did not cry in the office. And I'm feeling mostly better now. But it's very disconcerting to have these powerful emotional swells without being able to pinpoint the cause.
The only other real sad moment I've had during the pregnancy was somewhere in the first trimester. Brian was out to dinner with some friends but I had passed because I still felt too sick to eat much. I remember sitting in the living room, starving but unable to face food and feeling very sorry for myself. So I decided to have my mini-breakdown on the phone with my mom. She understood where I was coming from and made me feel better, which was a tough task at that point.
I hope my emotions settle down for the rest of the day because I'm exhausting myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment