Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The good, the bad and the odd

There are many odd moments that arise during pregnancy. For example, after a trip to the gym this morning I congratulated Brian on dropping more pounds and then he congratulated me for gaining some.
Here are some other pros and cons of pregnancy that I've noticed so far.

The good:
• Having ice cream elevated to a food group in my diet
• Pants with stretchy waistbands
• People getting things for me
• I think I'll have my first dessert of the day...
• Getting new clothes
• Bigger boobs
• Getting congratulated on the baby
• Registering for and getting donations of cool baby stuff
• Having an excuse to rest/sleep in
• Feeling the baby kick and move
• Becoming a mom!

The bad:
• Constant trips to the bathroom
• Not being able to see my feet (easily)
• Having to rely on people to get things for me
• Just got back from the bathroom... I think I'll go again
• Missing my skinny jeans
• Swelling that makes it look like I have cankles. Gross!
• Getting asked if I'm carrying twins... at the 18 week mark
• Trying to figure out bottle nipples, breast pumps and other baby stuff I don't even recognize
• Slowing down and being tired all the time
• Dealing with crazy mood swings
• Worrying about becoming a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment