Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post-race

Ok, first off, Dan is out of the hospital and in his own words: "Fine." He's getting more follow-up tests from his regular heart doctor, but for now he's back to normal. I'm so glad that he's feeling better.



Now for the race rundown. Brian and I had a great time in the inaugural Illinois marathon. Here's a picture of us at our friends' house, the Nuttersons, before the race. Brian is pointing to the youngest runner in our family.



Brian took off on his own at the start line because he was shooting for a personal best time, while I was just hoping to finish! We both hit our goals. Brian finished in 2:08 -- 10 minutes faster than his previous PR. And I finished in 2:24... not the fastest, but still about 10 seconds before my brother Ben... who was finishing the full marathon (in record time!). Oh well :) I should also note that Maggie and her boyfriend Chris ran the half on Saturday, too. So the family was well represented on this course!
It was so awesome finishing up on the 50 yard line of Memorial Stadium. And running through the U of I campus was really great. All in all, a very fun (but exhausting) day. I think baby and I are planning to tone down the running a bit over the next four months. I'm still gonna do some, but probably more walking and cross-training.
I was really happy and proud to get this race in! And Brian was great helping me train and being very supportive. I can't wait to tell the papaya all about his/her first half marathon someday!
p.s. couple pics from the finish line:

No comments:

Post a Comment