Sunday, October 4, 2009

2 months!

Ellie celebrated her two-month birthday yesterday! I can't believe how fast this time has gone, especially when I look back at pictures of her in the hospital and right after we brought her home. She goes to the doctor for her two-month appointment tomorrow morning and I'm excited to see how much she weighs and how much she's grown.
Brian and I are so proud of the progress she's showing in holding her head up, tolerating tummy time and entertaining herself for short bursts of time. I'd say her favorite thing these days (besides being held by mom or dad) is watching the Pooh mobile above her crib. She smiles even when she hears me winding it up! I love that she's infatuated with it because it gives me a few minutes in the morning to put my contacts in, make coffee and get dressed. I've even been able to get a race-speed shower in during one wind-up of the mobile. Impressive, I know.
And Ellie has fallen asleep on her own a few nights after watching the mobile go round and round. Great progress!
Mom, dad and Ellie had a great weekend. We went to Champaign on Saturday for Rob and Mary's baby shower. Ellie was very excited to help celebrate her future friend, who's due to arrive on Jan. 2, 2010. Mary's 6-year-old niece was very cute during the party. She kept showing Ellie the framed picture of Mary's ultrasound and saying "Look, Ellie, this is going to be your friend!"
We were going to head to St. Louis to see family after the trip into Champaign, but we decided the family needed a little down time the rest of the weekend. So we're going to see family and friends there later this month.
Today we took Ellie to church and got some stuff done around the house. And Brian watched Ellie for a couple hours while I went shopping. I have only three pairs of non-maternity pants that fit me these days... not the best-stocked wardrobe. I don't want to buy a bunch of bigger pants because I'm hoping I'll slim back down at some point. But I do need a few outfits that don't rely on elastic. Plus, it was nice to have a little retail therapy to get myself calmed down about the prospect of returning to work.
We've only got one week of Ellie-palooza left. We're going to make it fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment