Sunday, October 11, 2009

Apple orchard

Yesterday was the perfect fall day. And we did one of my favorite fall activities -- a trip to the apple orchard. I love getting to pick the apples, eat apple treats and buy cider. And while I'm sure Ellie will enjoy the trips more when she's old enough to know what's going on, it was great to take her for this first orchard adventure. I made Brian take a family photo with me and Ellie in front of the corn husks :) We made the orchard trip with our neighbors (and friends) Ben and Janet and their 1-year-old son, Isaac. It was so fun to watch him walking around in the orchard and even pick an apple! And Isaac was thrilled by the wagon ride out to pick a pumpkin from the patch. Brian and I are excited to see Ellie do all of those things when she's a little older.
Ellie was a good sport and let mom take her picture in one of the bins of pumpkins.

...Then in one of the bins of gourds. I didn't feel bad when I saw all the other moms around me take the same photo op after I was done!We had to keep a shade up for Ellie while we were picking apples because it was such a beautiful, sunny day. Her feet kept sticking out, and Ben and I agreed that they looked like the feet of the Wicked Witch of the East (from the Wizard of Oz) after Dorothy's house lands on her. Ellie's definitely a good witch, though, if she's a witch at all!

Brian picked most of the apples... getting into the trees at times.

Then we decided to put some of the apples on Ellie, so it looked like she did the hard work.
...Then Brian decided to keep putting apples on Ellie. She didn't mind. All in all, a great first trip the apple orchard for Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment