Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sleepy baby = well-rested parents (by Brian)

So, I may be jinxing it, but I'll say it anyway. Ellie has been sleeping better every night.
Lately, Dorothy and I have been able to put Ellie under her mobile after 9 p.m. and let her fall asleep on her own. She's quite cute. She kicks and flails for a while, but after a while, her hands go up above her head and she passes out.
Last night, Ellie put herself to sleep again under the dancing Classic Pooh characters. That was about 9:30. Somehow, some way, Ellie slept until 3:45 a.m. It was AWESOME.
I got her down at 4:15 and expected she would be up in a couple hours. Her second leg of sleep is usually much shorter than the first. But she slept until I was leaving for work about 7:45.
I know we can't expect this all the time, but it seems like Ellie is getting more self-sufficient (as much as you can expect from a 2-month-old). And it's nice to know we can put her down and she can play or entertain herself, even if it's just for a few minutes.
She's growing like a weed, and I know the days when her parents aren't cool to her are going to be here sooner than we want, but it's nice to see her find ways to comfort herself and learn.
We love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment