Tuesday, October 20, 2009

first day

Ellie started daycare yesterday and she did better with it than Brian and I did! We were both pretty sad about taking her there, even though we feel good about the center and have heard great things from other parents we know here. It's just hard to miss all that time with her and give her over to people we barely know.
Brian dropped her off in the morning because I had to work an early shift at the paper (which meant getting very little sleep between Ellie's feeding and getting out the door...) But I was glad Brian took Ellie in. Even he admitted to having a few tears well up when he left that first time. I'm sure I would have been a basket case. I was happy to get to visit Ellie at lunchtime (for her, not me) and then get out of work at 3 p.m. and pick her up. Today she gets another short day to ease her into daycare. I'm working a late shift, so she's not going in until noon-ish. The infant room workers said she had a good first day. She didn't sleep much because of all the new and louder noises there. But I'm sure she'll get used to it. I was happy to see that they did a lot of activities with her during the day -- swinging, bouncy seat and even pumpkin painting.
When Brian got home from work, the three of us went out for a short run. The weather was gorgeous! I talked Brian into the plan by promising that we could stop at some trees along the way and pick walnuts. Everyone had a great time... though I wasn't too happy when the stroller was weighed down with 20 lbs of nuts for the ride home. I guess it was an extra-good workout.

Sleepy baby is happy to be home after daycare!




No comments:

Post a Comment