Thursday, October 1, 2009

Soggy mom, damp baby

Ellie-palooza continued today with a trip to a free "new mom" class on incorporating music into the baby's development. Ellie and I decided to walk over to the class, since it was in one of the hospital office buildings just a little over a half mile from our house.
The class was fun and I got some new ideas for songs to sing to entertain Ellie with. But when we went to leave, we discovered it had started to rain. With no other options, I put the blanket over Ellie and changed the walk home into a run. I made pretty good time, but was still soaked by the time we got home. Thankfully Ellie was only a little damp. And she didn't seem bothered by the rain since she slept the whole way home! I'm glad she wasn't screaming or something because I was already feeling like a bad mom. Or is it recommended to take 2-month-olds out when it's raining and 50 degrees? Tomorrow we'll aim for an activity that's a little drier and warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment