Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Changes

For the big Monday Night Football game yesterday, Ellie sported a new outfit from her Aunt Maggie! I think she didn't smile for the pictures because she had a feeling the game wouldn't have a good outcome...
As Brian and I watched most of the game in bed last night, I couldn't help thinking how much our lives have changed from just a year ago. We spent most football Sundays last fall and winter at a local sports bar, wherever we could get the Packers games on TV. We had a great time drinking beer and cheering on the Packers (and, in the case of Brian, a whole host of other teams...) These football days usually were completely unproductive. Something about having a beer buzz by mid-afternoon. But we always had a great time and I really enjoyed that time we got together.
This year we would make an interesting trio if the family visited a bar to catch the Packers games. Luckily we get a couple of them on regular cable this season. But last night we couldn't even stay awake for the whole game! And I know the money we would've spent in the past on beer and bar food is already getting eaten up by diapers and other baby costs. I don't foresee a lot of going out of any kind in our future. I guess we're officially parents first and football fans second (or maybe third?) these days. But I didn't mind that I missed some of the Packers drives while changing Ellie's diaper and putting on her pajamas. Sports bars are fun, but nothing compared to watching my baby girl smile -- which she does SO much right now but never when I have the camera ready!
My priorities are so different these days. And, at least in this case, change is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment