Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time together and away

Brian and Ellie have had a fun daddy-daughter week so far. They've been doing a lot of playing and cuddling. I think Brian has been trying to get his "Ellie fix" before he heads out of town tomorrow. He's going to Austin, Texas, for a business trip this weekend and will be gone until Sunday evening. That means Brian is going to be missing Ellie... and she and I will be flying solo! After this emotional first week back at work, I'm looking forward to holding her non-stop this weekend. Though Brian is guessing that sentiment will only last until mid-Saturday or so and then I'll miss having the extra set of hands around to help out.
I'm sure it will be a tiring weekend, but I really am looking forward to reconnecting with my little girl. As tough as this week has been, I know next week will be even harder (emotionally and logistically) because Ellie is starting daycare. It's going to take a lot more time to get Ellie and all her stuff to and from the daycare center each day. Plus, it will be hard to leave her with virtual strangers instead of at home with her dad.
So we're going to have a reprise of Ellie-palooza this weekend. Bring on more baby fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment