Thursday, July 16, 2009

August 3!

I'll post more later and put up some of the new ultrasound pics we got this morning... but our big news today is that the doctor wants to induce me on August 3! 18 days until baby!!!!!!
I'm very excited (in case you couldn't tell!!!), and also a little freaked out at how real this all is now. You'd think I would have caught on to that from carrying around this almost-watermelon-sized baby... but having a date and a plan really cements everything.
The ultrasound showed the baby is almost 7 lbs already, so Dr. George is thinking he or she will be approaching 8.5 lbs by week 39. She wants to induce me then to give me a chance at natural birth. Of course, we still may end up with a C-section, but I really don't care as long as the baby gets out all right. I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms.
OK, have to try and concentrate on work a little now. I'll add more later!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 18 days?!!! Awesome! I'd be freaking out too..in a good way :) Can't wait to meet our new little neighbor.

    ReplyDelete