Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sausage hands

Just typing in the title of this blog entry made me want some sausage. Mmmm.... I've definitely noticed my appetite revving up again the past week or so. Baby must be growing again!
But my posting today is not about food. It's about the size of my fingers and hands these days. I'm definitely sporting some sausage fingers and generally swollen hands. Holding a pen and writing aren't the easiest things for me to do these days, but luckily I do most of my work typing on the computer.
The puffiness got pretty bad overnight, I guess because of the humidity and warmer temps, so I started my day by soaking both hands in an ice bath. Not the most fun activity, but I think it helped a little. Honestly, I could barely make a tight fist with either hand when I woke up this morning. And the swelling is causing my finger joints to ache constantly. Ugh. Glad I stopped wearing my rings a couple weeks ago or we'd have to look into some surgical removal at this point.
I expected swollen feet/ankles with pregnancy, but wasn't prepared for the same symptoms to develop in my wrists and hands. When I feel it getting really bad, usually by the end of the day, I'll sit and hold my arms up in the air. So most nights in our living room it looks like I'm raising my hand to ask Brian for permission to speak or, if both arms/hands hurt, I'm signaling a field goal or touchdown. Too bad it's not football season yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment